As a salon business owner, your job is to beautify clients as much as it is to retain them and attract new clients. I know you are good at rectifying various skin issues, and you probably have the coolest salon environment in your locality, but you also want to prioritize the effectiveness of your marketing strategies. Are you getting more clients or you’re losing the ones you already have? The purpose of this article is to introduce proven Nail Salon Marketing Strategies to Get More Customers.
Nail salon Marketing is the conscious act of getting more customers and retaining existing ones to grow your business. Having a thoroughly planned salon marketing strategy is crucial for your brand or business. Mind you, you don’t need to be a marketer before you can implement these brilliant marketing ideas. If you’re wondering how you can promote your nail salon business, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, I’ll show you ten proven Nail Salon Marketing Strategies to get more customers.
Without further ado, check out the ten tips for nail salons to get more customers.
Leverage Google Assets (Google My Business, Google Forms)
Google is a business boomer. This platform alone has tons of ways to announce any business globally. With Google My Business (GMB), you can manage how your business would appear on Google Search and Google Maps. When people search for your business on Google, your business name, location, rating, photos, and other information about your business would appear. And, it will not just appear, Google My Business will add a CTA button (e.g. BOOK APPOINTMENT, SHOP NOW, VISIT NOW, etc.) to prompt visitors to book an appointment. All for free!
Google Form is another important Google asset that allows you to collect information about your audience’s opinion of your site. Google Forms can help you collect surveys and reviews that you can use to get feedback and improve your service. This tool is entirely free as well.
While GMB is free, salon owners need to put in the work. Here are useful tips to consider when listing your business on GMB:
- Have a clear, quality cover photo that tells your story.
- Upload a brief video to show off your nail salon aesthetic.
- Allow customer to review your nail salon – more reviews increases trust.
- Leverage Reserve with Google – a new search and book platform by Google that lets customers book appointments with your salon, directly from Google Search, Google Maps, or the Reserve with Google website.
Running special offers and promotions
Another way to get more customers is by running special offers and promotions. What is a promotion? Simply, a promotion is a discount that you offer to anyone willing to procure your services at a particular time. Promotions are effective tools for marketplace nail salon advertisement. Check out a few tips to maximize special offers and promotions:
- Entreat new customers with free additional service to begin with.
- You don’t want to go broke running offers & promotions. Hence, ensure that you map how much discount you can afford to give to make a profit.
- Promotions are best during times your business gets low sales.
- Blend two or more services and offer a combo pack. This makes customers spend more than they plan to.
- Take advantage of festive seasons e.g. Black Friday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc., and offer discounts to attract more sales.
SMS might seem old school but it works magic. Did you know that at least 90% of SMSes are opened and read? You can convert SMSs into appointments and reviews. Here are a few hacks to using SMS:
- Use SMS to send appointment reminders to customers.
- Add a personal touch to keep the conversational tone cool and foster engagement.
- Got a new product or service? Use SMS for announcements and discounts so customers will come prepared for their next appointment.
- Leverage SMS to get reviews and feedback on social media and GMB.
- Avoid spamming! Don’t send SMSes too often; this can annoy customers. Twice a month is ideal.
- An SMS contains 142 words. You want to use a few words to get the message across.
Maximize community reach
One of our responsibilities as individuals or business owners is to give back to society. Savvy entrepreneurs know how to attract customers locally. It becomes easier to attract new customers when you get along with the neighborhood. A good start would be to make a casual visit to spaces in your neighborhood, starting with restaurants, cafeterias, gyms, and so on. Associate with these people and let them know what you do. Moving up, you can partner with local businesses like massage centers, salons, spas, wellness centers, etc. Make a casual visit to these businesses and propose a partnership deal that will benefit both parties. A mutually beneficial partnership can accelerate your business growth beyond imagination. You can announce the partnership on social media, through flyers, word of mouth, banners, and other conventional/unconventional marketing methods.
TikTok is a fast-growing social media platform that businesses are using to promote their brands. Besides the fact that TikTok influencers abound to help push your salon business to the public, there are ways to use TikTok to your business’ advantage.
- Download TikTok on Android or iOs.
- Create an account if you are a new user.
- Set up your profile by adding your business’s contact details, bio, website, location, telephone number, open hours, etc.
- Personalize your page with your brand logo and beautify the color layout.
- Post scintillating, good-quality images of your salon’s interior and products to attract potential clients.
- Use popular hashtags like #beauty, #skincare, #salon, #nailsalon, etc.
- Add a CTA button to your TikTok account.
- Post customer reviews frequently.
Like SMS marketing, email marketing is an old marketing strategy that converts. Around 22% of your subscribers will open and read your email. Email marketing offers you an advantage for free. You can create a list and send emails to them for free. Someone is wondering how to create an email list. It’s quite simple, you can collect emails after each appointment at your nail salon. The beauty of email marketing is it allows the user to attach images, links, addresses, and various CTAs to make your marketplace nail salon business boom. When sending emails to your subscribers, remember to keep it simple and avoid sword-spam messages. You want to establish good rapport and relationships with your prospects before pitching sales.
Encourage referrals and loyalty program
Referrals is a simple marketing strategy whereby loyal satisfied customers turn into marketing tools by word of mouth. This is an effective way to get more customers to your nail salon as 83% of the people trust recommendations from their friends and family, colleagues, and neighbors to try your service.
Boost your revenue via referrals by:
- Offering incentives for loyal happy customers who introduce your service to someone else.
- Consider sharing gift cards during seasonal or festive seasons.
- Consider loyalty Cards, membership subscriptions, and gift cards.
Use social media
Images, reviews, and updates of your nail salon business can be easily shared on social media once you can target the right audience. Sign up with popular social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter and begin to share useful information related to your business. Leverage Instagram stories, use hashtags for all posts and add a CTA to boost conversion.
Build a professional website
A website is a priceless promotional asset for any business. It showcases your services, products, location, business hours, reviews, as well as your brand image. It doesn’t have to be too complex, with marketplace nail salons like WordPress, Wix, and Shopify, you can build a website within 48 hours – no prior knowledge of programming required. When building your nail salon site, ensure the following:
- Color, font, and logo
- Must contain social media channels and contact information
- Easy to use and navigate
- You can also integrate salon booking software to make scheduling easy for your customers
Choose a reputable nail salon supplier
The best salon offers professional services using high-quality nail salon equipment. We included this as an essential part of your salon marketing strategy because, without the right tools, there will be no customers. As your salon business grows, you want to get familiar with trustworthy salon equipment services such as Omysalon. Omysalon is a globally-recognized salon equipment service that supplies quality products for spas, massage parlors, barbers, nail shops, and skincare businesses, you name it. They provide premium quality nail salon products at reasonable pricing. Omysalon’s customer service is dedicated to seeing your business succeed – they are on standby for inquiries. Visit OmySalon.com for more details.
Finding a target market for nail salon businesses isn’t rocket science. It is something you can do. Our proven nail salon marketing tips will help you keep your customers and attract new ones. I do tell business owners, that there is no best marketing strategy for hair salon. Rather, feel free to explore as many strategies and settle on the one that works best for you.